Friday, July 1, 2011

Shakin' my booty

Foster mom would love to capture my "dinner time dance" on video, but that would be pretty hard since the dance starts when she puts food in my bowl. Maybe if she had a third hand she could manage it, but alas she only has two.

She keeps the food in airtight containers in the kitchen and feeds me in my crate in the next room. So, when she grabs my bowl from the crate and carries it to the kitchen I know what's up and I get very excited!

I follow her to the kitchen and do my best to get my head in the container but she's crafty at keeping me out of there. Once the food is in the bowl and she turns to go to the next room I start my dance. I stand on my hind legs and spin. Then I do a few spins on all fours and then I pounce down low and eagerly wag my nubbin tail. I always do one or two final spins right in front of my crate before bounding in with such force that I usually slide to the end on the "non" non-slip crate pad and that's when Foster mom puts the bowl down for me to feast.

I have a similar dance I do when Foster mom gets a Kong out of the freezer, but that dance is only slightly less enthusiastic. Since she gives me one every day before she goes to work, I'm learning to anticipate it when I can tell she's on her way out the door. I am one smart dog you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment