Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Double whammy

July 4th proved to be a rather uncomfortable evening for me, but Foster mom assured me that I behaved quite well.

First, Foster mom's house was hit with a severe thunderstorm in the late afternoon - heavy rain and severe winds ensued. I spent a couple of hours in my crate waiting it out, but I never whimpered or became destructive. I just huddled silently.

Then the fireworks came! Those pop pop pops took both Zoe and I by surprise, but we still remained very calm, much to Foster mom's delighted surprise. We raised our heads and ears and then decided, "Ho-hum."

Since those pops came in several separate groupings, Zoe and I became increasingly agitated, but we remained exceptionally composed according to Foster mom.

The info to glean from this post: I'm a pretty mellow dude (comparably) when it comes to high-stress situations. ie. You won't need an Rx for doggie prozac if you take me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment